Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Grrr...Why Can't The Grocery Store Just Deliver?


I hate going to the grocery store. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to take my little one with me, but, alas, four year olds can't stay home alone and it's hardly worth paying a sitter for a grocery trip. Whenever we go to the store, he is all hands. He tries to put anything and everything in the cart. It doesn't matter if it's toilet bowl cleaner or frozen broccoli, he thinks we need it. What should be a thirty minute errand always turns into an hour when I have to take him with me. He actually behaves himself when we go other places. I don't know what it is about the grocery store that just screams "MISBEHAVE!" I've tried letting him take toys with him, talking to him the entire time, and I've even tried bribing him, but nothing works. I know I shouldn't bribe him, but nothing else seems to be working.

Okay, I'm done ranting. I've been doing quite a bit of work on my etsy store, Ginger's Gems, lately. It's looking pretty good. I need to take more photos today so I can list some more of my jewelry. I've also signed up for some local craft fairs and my husband and I did a flea market over the weekend. We made a few new contacts and sold some pieces, which means I met my goal for that little adventure. Hopefully I do well at the craft fairs I've signed up for.

I did pretty much nothing yesterday due to this miserable sunburn I've got so I'm just dying to go downstairs and start making something. Unfortunately, life has to come first today (stupid grocery store). But I will definitely be working on something later.

If you have a chance, check out Ginger's Gems and let me know what you think. I would love to hear some feedback. Have a great day!

Ginger's Gems

4 comments:

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

Too familiar!!! I get my hubby to do it for me whenever I can!...I've got 3 to tow...one is in school(7) but I babysit a 22 month old...then there is my 5 year old and almost 1 year old...shopping is a nightmare!!!

msbelle said...

I agree, shopping is a unbearable sometimes. I have a 5 year old son. Although he's pretty good most of the time, places that have toys are the worst.
I found you on the EtsyMom blog ring! And my name's Ginger too! :)

Lynn - aka PinkPolkaDotPoodle said...

Hmmm... we have several grocery stores that do deliver. Giant is one, their service is called PeaPod by Giant. I know at least two others that do in our area.

You should do a search to see if someone has started... I know I didn't find out about our delivery services until they'd been doing it for some time.

Love the blog, btw!

Lynn

pinkpolkadotpoodle.blogspot.com
pinkpolkadotpoodle.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Well said.