Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My New Hobby!

Well, I have a new hobby. Last week I purchased a beginners kit for making lampwork beads thinking it might be fun, but the whole torch thing seemed a little scary. Well, I tried it, and I am hooked. It is really a lot of fun. It's time consuming, but I think it's well worth it. So far I have made 12 beads, some pretty, some not so much, but the best part is whether the beads turned out or not, I had fun making each and every one. My husband even tried it and he liked it, too. I may have to share my new toy :)

I also made nine new pieces of jewelry today that I plan to display at a flea market I'm going to this weekend. It will be really nice to get out and do an activity offline with my jewelry. Well, I better go. I gotta get some sleep sometime. :)

Ginger's Gems

No comments: